It’s summer and the mangos are in season hooray! The girls love having smoothies in the afternoon, and what’s more delicious than a cold mango smoothie?…. turning your cold mango smoothie into a delicious mango chia pudding!
I had some goji berries in the cupboard and decided to throw some into one of the puddings as well. Mainly because I thought the colours would look pretty together(they did!) but also because gojis are packed with antioxidants, especially carotenoids which are great for developing eyes. While I thought they were really tasty Frankie didn’t go for them, and preferred the plain mango. But they’re a nice addition if your kids like goji berries.
I love this snack. The girls think they’re getting a dessert, it’s high in fibre and protein due to the chia and just a little bit special.
- Chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large mango
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2cm piece vanilla pod (optional)
- Handful goji berries (optional)
- Combine mango, almond milk, coconut oil and honey (If adding vanilla, cut vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape out seeds and add them to the mixture) and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add goji berries and chia seeds. For every 1 cup of liquid add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. (mine yielded 2 cups)
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour, stirring the mixture at the 30min mark.