This recipe was borne out of a steaming hot day and an unwillingness to turn on my dehydrator.
Last week I was really hoping to experiment with dried yogurt buttons. But it was so stinking hot, I didn’t want to run my dehydrator all day.
So I did what any sweaty Mum with a plate full of yogurt would do. I stuck it in the freezer.
What came out a few hours later were the cutest little frozen snacks I’ve ever made.
And the girls loved them.
I hope you do too.
- Mini cup cake tray
- Mini patty pans
- small pieces of cut up fruit (I used strawberries and blueberries)
- Line a mini cup cake tray with patty pans
- Fill patty pans with yogurt leaving a small amount of space at the top (this is so the yogurt doesn’t overflow when you put the fruit in)
- Arrange fruit on top of the yogurt
- Freeze for at least 2 hours
Note: Once frozen “cupcakes” can be transferred to a smaller container to store in the freezer.