Ah cauliflower….you’re such an unassumingly delicious vegetable.
From cauliflower pizzas, crackers and rice there are so many interesting ways you can transform this dull yet healthful vegetable into something amazingly moorish.
One of my favourite ways to eat cauliflower is to roast it.
Roasted cauliflower is quick, simple and nutritious. Cut the cauliflower into florets, douse it in your fat of choice and flavour it with whatever your creative heart desires. It will turn out sweet with slightly crunchy tops….Yum!
I’ve been flavouring my own cauliflower with turmeric, coriander and cumin. This is because:
- I’m trying to introduce more spice into the girls diets.
- I keep reading about the amazing health benefits of turmeric (find out about it here and here)
- I think the colour is pretty
After roasting, I add a handful of lightly toasted pine nuts and voila! I have a bowl of snackable pop cauli that we can nosh on during our afternoon garden sessions .
What could be more simple and nourishing?
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Pine nuts
Makes one bowl
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbs ghee(pasture raised if you can swing it)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Generous pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- spread pine nuts onto a baking dish and bake until golden brown approximately 5mins. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into small bite sized florets and spread evenly on a baking dish. Add ghee to baking dish and transfer cauliflower to the oven for a few minutes to melt the ghee. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cauliflower with spices and salt. Toss to combine.
- Cook for approximately 30min tossing every now and then until the tops of the cauliflower are golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Do you like roasted cauliflower? what do you like to flavour it with?